The UK is introducing the new eco-friendly fuel called E10, and the "> E10 fuel confusion explained – Best Price Car Sales & Finance

E10 fuel confusion explained

21/09/2021 / Comments 0 / 274 / News 2021
Facebook It
Tweet It
Pinterest It

The UK is introducing the new eco-friendly fuel called E10, and the question constantly being asked is, is my car compatible with using it? Well, firstly the whole reason why the E10 fuel is being launched in the UK is, it will cut carbon emissions by 750,000 tonnes a year, as stated by The Department of Transport. This equates to taking approximately 350,000 cars off the road. This will help steer the government into achieving  its climate control target.

The E10 fuel is being distributed to garage forecourts throughout the UK and will land in Northern Ireland in the early part of 2022.

The current grade being used in the UK is E5 petrol, which contains up to 5% ethanol, and the other 95% is normal unleaded petrol. With the new E10 replacement being rolled out, the E10 will have up to 10% ethanol and 80% regular unleaded petrol. This new fuel grade will also bring the UK in line with Belgium, Finland, France and Germany.

Which vehicles can use it?

If your car was built after 2011, then it is most likely it will be fully compatible to accommodate the new E10 fuel. But the E10 may not be compatible with cars built before 2011, which is approximately around 600,000 cars currently on UK roads. In order to check if your car is fully compatible with E10 fuel and to give you full peace of mind when you pull into a garage forecourt, the government has a checker page you can access here.

 The real game changer to help climate change

Although the E10 will reduce carbon emissions and is a cleaner fossil fuel for UK drivers, the real game changer is to go fully electric, which is why the UK government is also investing millions in charging points and setting targets to car manufacturers to cut fossil fuel cars and have zero emissions by 2050. But for the time being, the new E10 fuel will go a long way in reducing emissions on UK roads.

Want to do you bit with your old car?

If you are thinking about what changes you can help make to the environment and you’re currently driving a car built before 2011, there’s no better time to consider upgrading your old car for a newer used car, which will be fully compliant in using the new E10 fuel. All you have to do is give us a call and speak with one of our friendly advisors, who will ask you a few questions about your old car, and offer you a part-exchange promise over the phone. Best Price Car Sales have a vast collection of quality used cars to choose from, and even if you can’t find the used car you want, simply let our advisors know and we can easily source the right car for you. 

As a fully licenced credit broker, we have access to a large portfolio of specialist car lenders, who are able to provide you with instant car finance approval, in most cases. On top of that, we offer free UK delivery service to your home or place of work, where you can fully inspect your new used car and take it for a test drive before you sign on the dotted line for it.

To find out more about our current deals and latest offers, call us now on 02382 549 222 and we’ll be happy to assist you, or click here to get instant car finance approval today.

NEED A HAND TO FIND YOUR CAR?

Best Price Car Part Exchange
Best Price Car Part Exchange
Compare List
Book A Callback
Best Price Car Sales Facebook Chat
Best Price Car Sales Facebook Chat