Skip to content
Top Ten Things To Look For When Buying Used Cars
Used cars are not, as the expression 'used' might imply, cars that should be considered as inferior in quality. Car parts are manufactured with durability a big consideration and they can function efficiently for years and years after purchase with durable engines a prime example.
One of the main differences between purchasing new cars and used cars is cost-effectiveness with used cars a big advantage for people with limited budgets.
That said there are important factors that need to be considered before purchasing used cars:
- Homework. Like all things in life, if you want to learn about something, spend some time on homework before you make your purchase. Surf the internet. This is where you're guaranteed to find some invaluable information related to the model you want to purchase.
- Reviews. Use the internet again to check out a few reviews related to the model you're interested in. This ties in nicely with homework.
- What Suits You. This is important and you do need to consider your current circumstances. Someone with a playboy image might go for used cars like open-top sporty models but that might not work for a family. Go for a good match that suits you now.
Your Budget. Yes, the B-word is important in life and so important when considering used cars. Do the numbers so you know exactly how much you can afford and there are car loans out there which can help. With car loans, you will need to look at all your monthly outgoings to determine your monthly car budget.
- Price Negotiation. When considering used cars you don't always have to agree to the price stuck on the car windscreen. Use it as a negotiation guideline and don't let it intimidate you as you're looking for the best possible deal for you.
- Test Drive. Make sure you get in the driving seat and take the car for a spin before you sign off on it. You need to be sure the car handles to your particular driving style.
- Professional Inspection. There's a good chance that when you open a car bonnet you don't know what you're looking for. Everything might look clean and tidy but that is not enough so make sure you have a professional mechanic with you to check everything out before you sign on the dotted line.
- Ownership Validation. You need to determine that the person selling you the car is the real owner. With dealerships, this might not be that important but it is if you are purchasing from an individual. Make sure they are the real owner.
- Check Vehicle History. Used cars have histories that need to be checked as they could provide insight into what could happen in the future.
- Close The Deal. Make sure you have all the relevant paperwork in order and signed off. This will include warranties, ownership, and any other relevant documents. It's important here to take your time and not be rushed into anything as you could suffer later. Handshakes are not enough.
Used cars are a superb option for car users and a great asset to help drivers to complete their daily tasks. This could be from getting to and from work and shopping, to vacations both in the UK and overseas.
But take your time before you purchase, try to follow the ten golden rules, and don't be rushed into anything by overzealous salesmen. Car Loans At Best Price Car Sales
For drivers looking for used cars, or used vans and car loans, we have that perfect combination at Best Price Car Sales. We have some of the best-used cars and used vans in the UK and we can find you the perfect used vehicle.
But we strive to do more and that's where car loans come into the mix. Car loans are very much part of our service and don't let bad credit deter you. If you think you have bad credit let us put that to the test for you.
At Best Price, we will help you find the right car and we will find you finance for that car even if you are concerned that you have bad credit. We will also deliver your car to your doorstep, anywhere in the UK, free of charge.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh